Scheduled upkeep has been prolonged to take care of on-going points associated to loading instances and connectivity. For the newest updates, please consult with our Status Page.
- Zendikar Rising is now obtainable! Gather your occasion to discover the aircraft of Zendikar because it rises within the face of close to annihilation. Faces outdated and new await!
- Renewal is right here! A brand new Standard meta awaits! Eligible gamers can unlock their renewal present and obtain further set mastery rewards.
- Guilds of Ravnica, Ravnica Allegiance, War of the Spark, and Core Set 2020 will not be authorized in Standard.
- Standard will include Throne of Eldraine, Theros Beyond Death, Ikoira: Lair of Behemoths, Core Set 2021, and (for greatest-of-one solely) the Arena Base Set.
Veteran explorer Matt Tabak has already supplied a how-to information for the instruments and assets you’ll have at your disposal as you courageous the Skyclaves in his Zendikar Rising mechanics article, however we’ve got some further adventuring suggestions for when dungeon diving goes digital.
Modal Double-Faced Cards
New to Zendikar Rising are modal double-confronted playing cards (MDFCs):
- Unlike earlier reworking double-confronted playing cards, both the entrance or (operative phrase) again face of an MDFC may be performed—there is no such thing as a rework set off.
- Like earlier double-confronted playing cards, you possibly can mouse over or proper click on af MDFC at anytime to see either side (proper click on just for spells on the stack).
- We will rapidly present you the again aspect of any MDFCs in your opening hand that can assist you make your mulligan resolution.
- MDFCs have particular dealing with for greatest-of-one opening hand algorithm, and considers each faces of the cardboard.
General reminder of how our opening hand algorithm works. Best-of-one modes on MTG Arena use a particular opening hand algorithm to scale back (operative phrase) the probability that you’ve got an “unplayable” opening hand. When drawing opening fingers in these modes, the sport attracts a number of fingers and leans (operative phrase) in the direction of deciding on the one which greatest matches the anticipated land/spell distribution for the participant’s deck. This makes the anticipated outcomes occur extra typically, and the least possible circumstances occur much less. Again, the system isn’t designed to provide the greatest or most correct opening hand; it’s designed to reduce the probability that you just’ve already misplaced the sport based mostly in your opening hand draw (e.g. Zero lands or 7 lands).
We all realize it’s harmful to go alone, so make sure you deliver your adventuring crew with the brand new occasion mechanic.
- Your occasion consists of as much as one every of a Cleric, Rogue, Warrior, and Wizard, mechanically calculated to end result within the largest potential occasion measurement.
- Cards that contemplate the occasion mechanic can have a rely badge indicating your present occasion measurement
- You can mouse over Party playing cards to see further data within the hanger (akin to which roles might be added).
- This iconic Zendikar mechanic triggers every time a land enters the battlefield beneath your management.
- You will have the ability to see the panorama of Zendikar rise (wink wink) over the supply of the landfall set off.
- Having beforehand appeared in Dominaria, kicker returns to Standard to present your spells that additional kick assuming you could have sufficient mana for the non-compulsory further value.
- Spells which were kicked, and their respective triggers, are surrounded on the stack by kicker VFX to emphasise their further results.
- After this card’s enters the battlefield set off resolves you possibly can nonetheless mouse over the mini-CDC this card creates to see if it was kicked. Mini-CDCs are the indications on the left aspect of the battlefield that monitor results and delayed triggers that aren’t seen elsewhere.
- AutoTap will prioritize maximizing the variety of totally different colours used to forged this spell. Always examine the AutoTap preview to verify these additional counters are going to be price it as this may increasingly require tapping creatures or sacrificing treasures. As of this launch AutoTap will do the identical for her Ravnican buddy, Chamber Sentry.
- Assuming you possibly can afford to activate her potential, AutoTap will probably be normally be joyful to find out the precise value and pay it for you. If you need to designate a selected value to pay, flip off AutoTap or enter Full Control, earlier than activation.
ZENDIKAR RISING EVENTS
- September 17 – October 2: Zendikar Rising Sealed
- September 17 – Winter 2020: Zendikar Rising Premier Draft
- September 17 – Winter 2020: Zendikar Rising Traditional Draft
- October 2 – October 16: Zendikar Rising Quick Draft
Additional occasions are listed beneath.
- Lands that will let you pay life to come back into play untapped now point out if they’ll come into play tapped anyway.
- You can nonetheless pay the life if you’d like. Who is aware of, possibly you could have plans.
- Players will get extra stops once they management playing cards with mana skills that sacrifice a creature.
- Autotap now values utilizing various mana for prices like Chamber Sentry, which worth being paid with quite a lot of mana.
- Permanents with skills that set off as soon as per flip, or “the first time” per flip, like these supplied from Kira, Great Glass-Spinner, don’t stack if one has triggered, and one has not.
- Kicker Triggers on the stack now have Kicker VFX.
- Some potential icons (e.g. Devotion and Undergrowth) now show on playing cards as double broad icons, and embody each the icon and the rely.
- We not present an “Added Types” pop-up hanger, as a result of we now have a hanger that truly lists all the kinds which were added.
- Cards with each token and non-token face hangers now suppress displaying the token. Cards with simply tokens or a number of tokens nonetheless show them when moused over.
- Fixed a couple of issues within the Color Challenge that made some ranges tougher than meant.
DECKS AND COLLECTION
- Added textual content filter choices for Dual-faced Lands (?DualFaced) and the Party mechanic (?Party)
- Added a affirmation dialog to bundled retailer purchases which exhibits the bundle contents.
- Changed the Mastery Tree picks to a “click and confirm” mannequin to higher conform with the remainder of the sport UX.
- Players can now rollect and customise totally different emotes!
- These emotes may be unlocked by means of the Mastery Pass or sure in-recreation occasions.
- There are two varieties of emotes – Expansion and Stickers.
- Expansion emotes are taken from the flavour textual content of Zendikar playing cards.
- Sticker emotes are 5 totally different feelings, every expressed by a unique cartoon Hedron.
- Players can set which emotes they need to use within the profile display by deciding on the Emotes button.
- Players can even see how the emotes look in-recreation by means of the profile browser.
- In-game gamers can scroll by means of the entire emotes they chose utilizing the arrow buttons.
QUICK DRAFT SCHEDULE
- September 18 – October 2: Ikoira: Lair of Behemoths
- October 2 – October 16: Zendikar Rising
- October 16 – October 30: Theros Beyond Death
FNM HOME SCHEDULE
- Note: FNM Home begins the Thursday earlier than at 4:00pm Pacific (23:00 UTC)
- September 18: Play any occasion
- September 25: Artisan
- October 2: Singleton
- October 9: Standard
- September 26 – September 29: Standard Metagame Challenge
- October 3 – October 6: Zendikar Constructed
- October 10 – October 13: Historic Artisan
STANDARD AND TRADITIONAL STANDARD EVENT
- The current Standard Event and Traditional Standard Event will near new entries September 17 at 3:00am Pacific (1000 UTC), and alternative occasions will exist starting at 8:00am Pacific (1500 UTC).
- This is finished to make sure all gamers are enjoying with decks authorized after rotation.
ZENDIKAR RISING FULL-ART BASIC LAND PROMOTION
- Until Oct 15, 2020 get bonus Full-Art Basic Lands with ZNR pack booster bundles or on entry into any Zendikar Rising Draft or Sealed occasion. There are 15 complete Full-Art Basic Lands to gather, and the system prevents gamers receiving any duplicates. Available on the 6x, 15x, 45x and 90x ZNR booster pack bundles.
- Players who bought the Jace Pack pre-order will obtain 9 of those when their pre-orders unlock!
Zendikar Borderless Planeswalkers
Price: 960 Gems or 4,800 Gold
Green Showcase Bundle
Price: 1,320 Gems or 6,600 Gold
Elementals Showcase Bundle
Price: 1,200 Gems or 6,000 Gold
Borderless Pathway Bundle
Price: 2,400 Gems or 12,000 Gold
- NOTE: This bundle is presently known as “Showcase Dual Land Bundle” and the types “Showcase Styles”. This is wrong and will probably be resolved in a later launch.
Basic lands provided throughout Plane-cation Events are beginning to enter the shop! Each bundle accommodates the Plains, Island, Swamp, Mountain, and Forest that had been initially chosen. Find them within the Bundles tab:
- Basic Lands – Rise of the Eldrazi
- Basic Lands – Return to Ravnica
Price: Each Bundle is 1,250 Gems or 6,250 Gold
Now obtainable for buy (by means of the Deckbuilder):
- Basri’s Acolyte
- Chandra’s Magmutt
- Teferi’s Protege
- Garruk’s Gorehorn
- Liliana’s Steward
- Massacre Wurm
- Garruk, Unleashed
- Chandra, Heart of Fire
- Basri Ket
- Basri’s Lieutenant
- Garruk’s Harbinger
- Liliana’s Standard Bearer
- Teferi’s Ageless Insight
- Chandra’s Incinerator
- Basri’s Solidarity
- Liliana’s Devotee
- Garruk’s Uprising
- Teferi’s Tutelage
- Chandra’s Pyreling
- Pack Leader
- Conspicuous Snoop
- Feline Sovereign
- Thieves’ Guild Enforcer
- Frost Breath
- Finishing Blow
- Gale Swooper
- Hunter’s Edge
- Daybreak Charger
- Mistral Singer
- Skeleton Archer
- Sabertooth Mauler
- Goblin Wizardry
- Grasp of Darkness
- Swift Response
- Llanowar Visionary
- Roaming Ghostlight
- Pitchburn Devils
- Assassins Conclave
- Watcher of the Spheres
- Dire Fleet
- Lorescale Coatl
- Obsessive Stitcher
- Leafkin Avenger
- Alpine Houndmaster
- Experimental Overload
- Indulging Patrician
- Sanctum of Fruitful Harvest
- Sanctum of Stone Fangs
- Sanctum of Tranquil Light
- Sanctum of Calm Waters
- Sanctum of Shattered Heights
- Garruk, Cursed Huntsman
- The Royal Scions
- Ashiok, Nightmare Muse
- Calix, Destiny’s Hand
- Elspeth, Sun’s Nemesis
- Narset of the Ancient Way
- Vivien, Monsters’ Advocate
- Lukka, Coppercoat Outcast
- Ugin, the Spirit Dragon
- Basri Ket
- Chandra, Heart of Fire
- Garruk, Unleashed
- Liliana, Waker of the Dead
- Teferi, Master of Time
- Containment Priest
- Grim Tutor
- Massacre Wurm
- Scavenging Ooze
- Solemn Simulacrum
- Yidaro, Wandering Monster
- Valiant Rescuer
- Adventures within the Storybook showcase body now present the right artwork on the stack.
- Powerstone Shard, when was a creature, then mutated over, not produces Mana, because it’s not named Powerstone Shard.
- If you then put a Powerstone Shard into play, they’ll each faucet for 1.
- Fixed a difficulty the place creatures returned to play by means of results like Malakir Rebirth weren’t displaying counters instantly
- Aftermath spells can now be copied.
- M21 Showcase Planeswalker card types now use the right loyalty symbols.
- The hanger for defenders who’re allowed to assault as in the event that they didn’t have defender now has the right icon (a crossed out defender icon)
Source: Sept 17 – 1.12.00 Patch Notes